This quick marinade containing Lime, garlic, cilantro and a touch of honey hits all the notes we want in a piece of chicken. It’s bright, garlicky, and fresh with a touch of honey for sweetness that also promotes more caramelization which means more flavour.
What I like about this is that it pairs equally well in as part of an Indian, Caribbean or Mexican meals to name a few. Add it to Tacos, or serve over coconut rice, my fav! These are also perfect to throw into a salad.
You can cook these in a cast iron pan or grill them on the bbq. I tend to prefer the cast iron pan because I find it holds in the flavour of the marinade better for some reason.
I hope you love this recipe!
Make sure to visit me on Instagram to view the reel for this recipe and find more easy and delicious recipes as well as step-by step videos.
Juicy Lime and Cilantro Chicken Thighs
- 1/3 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves grated or minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tsp lime zest
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- 1/4 Cup Finely chopped fresh cilantro + extra for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- 3 Lb Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Extra lime wedges for serving
- Chopped fresh chives to garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, honey, lime zest and lime juice. Add Cilantro, chili powder, and salt.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the marinade and coat fully. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes or up to 2 hours in the fridge.
- Heat a large non-stick, cast iron or grill on med-high. Working in batches if usin a pan, add the thighs in a single layer and cook undisturbed until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165F. (I use an instant read thermometer)
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges alongside. I like to add fresh chopped chives as well if I’ve got them on hand.