Roasting cauliflower transforms it completely. It goes from a tasteless, styrophoam-like vegetable into the most deliciously caramelized, and versatile one – a blank canvas, ready to take on flavour. I love serving this as a side, I also make the best cauliflower pasta with pine nuts and ricotta salata, or I sometimes use it in Tacos; it makes great vegetarian option! The seasoning listed in this recipe goes with everything but you can keep it simple with just salt and garlic powder or dress it up with your choice of spices. Zaatar comes to mind 😉
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||30 mins|
- 1 head cauliflower
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder to taste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika to taste
- .5 tsp ground cumin to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F Line a baking sheet with parchment ensuring it’s big enough so that cauliflower does not overlap.
- Break cauliflower into medium sized florets (about 1.5 inches) and place in a large bowl
- Drizzle generously with olive oil and toss ensuring florets are coated
- Add spices, salt and taste, adjust to your liking
- Place on baking sheet in one layer
- Bake/Roast until golden and tender. Depending on size and desired tenderness, roast anywhere between 30-40 mins.